1. Sun Protection Factor (SPF): One of the essential aspects for any sunscreen is its SPF rating. SPF, or Sun Protection Factor, is a measure of the effectiveness of the sunscreen in protection from UV rays. Higher SPF numbers indicate greater protection from UV radiation, so it’s important to choose a product with an SPF rating that’s appropriate for your needs.
2. Ingredients: A close look at the list of ingredients is critical when choosing your sunscreen. Look for ingredients that are safe and effective UV actives—like homosalate, octocrylene, octisalate, and avobenzone. In addition, look for added benefits like collagen and silk amino acids to nourish your scalp and hair, as well as antioxidants, green tea extract, coffee extract, licorice root extract, safflower seed oil, and green tea oil.
3. Brand: It goes without saying that choosing a reputable brand matters. There are some brands on the market that don’t have the same level of quality standards as others do, and you don’t want to take a chance on that. Do some research, read customer reviews, and go with one that is reputable and has a track record for making safe and effective products.
4. Size: Size is an important factor. You want to have enough sunscreen to last you for a while, but you also don’t want to overbuy. Check the size of the bottle or tube and decide if it’s enough for your needs.
5. Price: Don’t be fooled into thinking that a higher price tag necessarily means better quality. Take the time to shop around and see what best fits your budget.
To keep your scalp and hair safe and damage-free, consider these five factors the next time you’re shopping for a scalp and hair sunscreen. Use quality and trusted brands to get the best results and ensure maximum protection from the sun’s harmful rays.