1. Sun Exposure: To maximize sun protection, make sure to consider where you’ll be spending the most time when outdoors. Will it be in direct sunlight or under the shade of a hat or umbrella? When in direct sunlight, use a higher SPF, like SPF 40, to ensure total coverage.
2. Hair Type: Another important factor to consider is your hair type. Is it dry, oily, curly, straight, or thinning? Selecting a sunscreen for hair that is designed for your hair type—or features ingredients that are known to be beneficial for your hair type—can help maximize your hair’s protection and styling power.
3. Your Scalp: Hair sunscreen should also offer protection from scalp damage. Whether during outdoor activities like swimming or gardening, or when engaging in intense indoor activities like exercise, protecting the scalp can help reduce the risks of irritation, flaking, dandruff, and, ultimately, skin cancer.
4. Nourishment & Hydration: Just like sunscreen for skin, sunscreen for hair should also provide nourishment. This is especially important for color-treated, dry, or damaged hair. Nutrients like amino acids, antioxidants, and oils infused in sunscreen for hair can help nourish and hydrate hair, leaving it looking beautiful and healthy.
5. Volume and Style: An added bonus of sunscreen for hair is lift and volume. Look for formulas that use collagen and silk amino acids to add body and fullness to hair and provide a gorgeous, lasting style.
ZenonLife Scalp & Hair Sunscreen SPF 40 Protect, Style & Volumize includes all the elements necessary to provide exceptional sunscreen protection and styling power, making it the ideal product to keep hair looking and feeling its best. Now that you understand the five elements to consider when selecting a sunscreen for hair, it’s time to select a product for maximum protection and style.
At ZenonLife, we’re dedicated to creating skin and hair care products that not only protect, style, and volumize—they also nourish and strengthen, helping hair and skin look and feel their very best. So make sure to equip yourself for the upcoming summer season—and stay protected while looking stylish.