Being surrounded by dry, hot and bright sun practically all year round, Texans know all too well how detrimental the harmful rays of the sun can be for our skin and scalp. It is highly important to take measures to protect the sensitive areas of the scalp especially, to avoid premature thinning of the hair. This is why adding a UV-protective hair spray into your everyday routine is essential. And now, with so many products out there, you may be wondering what the best option is and why you should consider adding it into your daily haircare ritual. Here are five reasons why a UV-protective hair spray with sunscreen is the best choice for protecting your scalp from the sun:
1. Prevents Sunburn and Skin Cancer: By choosing a hair spray with sunscreen, you are protecting your scalp from potentially getting sunburnt and developing skin cancer. While some sun is good for our health, it’s essential to make sure to keep your skin and scalp safe.
2. Hair Nourishment: Look for a hair spray with ingredients that not only protect, but also nourish your hair. Rich in antioxidants, nutrients, and essential amino acids such as collagen and silk amino acids, as well as infused with beneficial oils like safflower seed and green tea oil, these products will help reduce breakage and strengthen your hair.
3. Incredible Lift and Volume: Many hair sprays with sunscreen are formulated with proprietary technology to deliver amazing lift and volumizing effects - leaving your hair looking bouncy and with an extra boost of volume.
4. Safe and Effective UV Actives: Lesser quality hair sprays can contain harmful ingredients that do not provide the same level of protection as the active sunscreens. Look for products with actives such asHomosalate, Octocrylene, Octisalate, and Avobenzone for optimal protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
5. Smell Good and Feel Good: Who said protection had to be boring? Hair sprays with sunscreen come in a variety of fragrances - from tropical coconut to nourishing aloe - that will make you feel more vibrant and energized. Not to mention, you can sense the confidence of feeling protected from the sun’s damaging rays, while also styling your hair.
Adding a UV-protective hair spray with sunscreen into your daily haircare routine, will help to reduce sun damage and keep your scalp and hair healthy. By choosing a quality product, you are sure to get the most out of it and reap the benefits of looking and feeling not only good, but also confident about your scalp health.
Topics: scalp health, hair spray with sunscreen, UV protection, sunburn, skin cancer