1. Sun Protection Factor (SPF): Look for a sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB rays protection, with an SPF of at least 30 — ideally higher if you’re going to be out in the sun for extended periods — and makes sure that it has a long lasting effect.
2. Formulation: Read the label to check it’s formulated with ingredients that are safe and effective for your skin, such as niacinamide, green tea extract, and licorice root extract for skin nourishment. Also look for ingredients like homosalate, octocalyene, octisalate, and avobenzone, which are the necessary UV-actives to really protect.
3. Smell: As with any choice in skin care and sunscreen, try to find a product that smells pleasant and will not be overpowering. Some sunscreens can be quite pungent, but a light, pleasant scent is always nicer for long periods in the sun.
4. Quality: Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the quality of ingredients in the sunscreen. Cheaper can often mean sacrificing certain aspects of quality. Look for quality ingredients like safflower seed oil and green tea oil for nourishment and strengthening.
5. Volumizing vs. Protecting: When choosing the right sunscreen spray hair, consider whether you want a product that is more weightless and volumizing, or provides lasting protection. If it’s both, then look for a sunscreen that’s made with a proprietary technology, such as our Zenon Life Scalp & Hair Sunscreen SPF 40, which protects, styles, and volumizes with the added bonus of antioxidants and amino acids that nourish and strengthen hair from the root.
Sunscreen spray hair is vital for scalp and hair protection from sun damage. Consider these five points before you purchase your product to find the best one to suit your needs.