1. Sunscreen Type: Not all sunscreens are created equal. For the best protection of your scalp, you want to opt for a sunscreen that is specifically designed for the scalp and hair, like Scalp & Hair Sunscreen SPF 40. This sunscreen is enriched with antioxidants and amino acids to nourish your hair and provide the necessary protection from the sun’s UV rays.
2. Protection: The sunscreen’s SPF level indicates the level of protection it provides against UV rays. For the best protection, choose a sunscreen with an SPF of 40 or higher.
3. Application: Sunscreen application is very simple. Just apply a generous amount of sunscreen to your scalp and massage it in until it is evenly distributed. For full coverage, make sure the sunscreen is applied all over the scalp, down to the nape of the neck, and the point of the forehead where it meets the hat.
4. Reapplication: Just like sunscreen lotions and sprays, scalp sunscreen needs to be reapplied every two hours. If you are swimming or sweating, you may need to reapply more often.
5. Styling: The right scalp sunscreen can also help with hair styling. Scalp & Hair Sunscreen SPF 40 is fortified with a proprietary collagen and silk amino acids to provide incredible lift and volume to your hair. So not only do you get effective protection against sun damage, you also get a stylish look at the same time.
When it comes to putting sunscreen on your scalp, there are a few things to consider in order to get the best possible protection. We hope this guide has given you some valuable insights into what you need to know when applying sunscreen to your scalp. Armed with this information, you’re now ready to greet the summer with well-protected, stylish hair.