We've compiled a list of five things you should consider to keep your scalp safe and feeling great in summertime and beyond. Here's what you need to know:
1. Meaningful Sun Protection: Always look for a scalp and hair sunscreen with an SPF rating of 40 or higher. This provides meaningful protection for your scalp and hair from UV damage. Look for a sunscreen that contains effective UVA and UVB blockers like homosalate, octetcrylene, octisalate, and avobenzone. When in doubt, opt for a sunscreen labeled ‘broad spectrum’ to ensure your scalp is protected.
2. Nutrients to Strengthen: Sun protection is important but don't forget about the nutrients you need to keep your hair looking and feeling its best. Your scalp and hair need vitamins and minerals to stay nourished and healthy. Look for a sunscreen that contains antioxidants, amino acids, and other nourishing ingredients.
3. Volumizing Technology: Many sunscreens include volumizing technology so your hair looks thicker and fuller. Look for a sunscreen that contains key ingredients like collagen and silk amino acids to support lift and body.
4. Rich Antioxidants: Look for a sunscreen that is formulated with rich antioxidants to help strengthen the hair strands from within and promote strong, healthy-looking hair. Niacinamide, green tea extract, coffee extract, licorice root extract, and microalgae extract are all terrific choices to help nourish and protect your hair.
5. Hydrating Oils: Don't forget to look for hydrating oils that can help protect the scalp and provide lightweight conditioning and shine. Safflower seed oil and green tea oil are fabulous ingredients to keep your hair looking and feeling its best.
By adhering to these key steps, you'll be sure to protect your scalp and keep your hair looking and feeling its best. Enjoy the power of healthy, strong hair even in the hot Texas sun.